These banana chocolate chip muffins are a staple in our house. I make them often because they don’t last long! It is a great way to utilize some bananas that are getting old and the combination with the chocolate chips make a scrumptious treat at any time of the day or night.
My husband loves to take these muffins with him to work to have with his coffee and my daughters eat them at any time. Needless to say, they don’t stick around very long. I bet you that this banana chocolate chip muffin recipe will be a hit in your house too! They’re easy to prepare and the payoff is big!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1t baking soda
- 1t baking powder
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 3T milk or half and half
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips plus more for the top
- Cream oil and sugar. add egg and beat until combined.
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking power in a medium bowl.
- Mash bananas with milk in a small bowl.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and the bananas until all incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill paper lined muffin tins 3/4’s full. It makes about a dozen muffins.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 18 to 20 minutes. They are done when a toothpick comes out of a muffin clean.
We hope you enjoy this banana chocolate chip muffins recipe.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment or use our Contact Us page.
We also would appreciate it if you pin the image to Pinterest or share this article by clicking on the icons below.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter (@LifenKitchen) and Pinterest (LifenKitchen)!
Thalia and Bob