Tilapia is one of those varieties of fish that has remained at a pretty reasonable price so we eat it often. We love the meaty texture and the great flavor it has.
I cook Tilapia in many different ways but this is one of my favorites because of it’s simplicity, easy clean up and healthfulness.
I usually try to cook extra so that we can have leftovers to make tuna type Tilapia sandwiches for lunches. Just break up the leftover fish and mix in mayonnaise to taste. Talk about a great sandwich!!
As you have probably realized by now, I love to broil fish. I love the brown caramelization you get from broiling. It’s a fast cooking method and clean if you line your baking sheet with foil. Give this one a try. I think you will love it!!
Broiled Tilapia Recipe
- 2lbs Tilapia filets
- 2T mayonnaise
- 1T whole grain mustard
- 1/2 to 1t hot sause (I like Frank’s Red Hot)
- 2t fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lline a baking sheet with a few sheets of foil.
- Set the oven to broil.
- Put the filets in a single layer on the foil.
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce and lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper the fillets.
- With a pastry brush, spread the mayo mixture evenly on the filets. (you may have more mayo mixture than you need)
- Put the fish under the broiler and cook until the fish is cooked through and the top is nicely browned.
We hope you enjoy this broiled tilapia recipe.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment or use our Contact Us page. We also would appreciate it if you pin the image to Pinterest or share this article by clicking on the icons below.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter (@LifenKitchen) and Pinterest (LifenKitchen)!
Thalia and Bob