This is one of my go-to week night recipes. If you’re looking for a great fried chicken recipe, this pan fried chicken is easy and a lot healthier than fried chicken using a deep fryer.
It works equally well with tilapia fish filets as well. The addition of the flax meal doesn’t really change the flavor of the dish but is an excellent way to add those Omega 3 fatty acids that we need in our diet. I try to add it anywhere I can, even on a salad. This chicken recipe has become a staple in my family and is always a big hit!
Pan Fried Chicken
- 1 1/2 lb’s boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 2 T hot sause
- 3/4 cup boxed bread crumbs of panko
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup flax meal (optional)
- 1t Herbes De Provence
- Olive oil for pan frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges for serving
- Cut each chicken breast half in half if small or thirds if they are large.
- Beat eggs and hot sauce in a medium bowl.
- Combine the bread crumbs, cheese herbs and flax meal (if using) on one side of a long pan.
- Dip each filet in the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs and put each filet on the other side of the pan so that they are all ready to cook.
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a non stick skillet.
- On medium heat cook the chicken. When browned, flip the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Add salt, pepper, some fresh lemon juice and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this pan fried chicken recipe.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment or use our Contact Us page.
We also would appreciate it if you pin the image to Pinterest or share this article by clicking on the icons below.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter (@LifenKitchen) and Pinterest (LifenKitchen)!
Thalia and Bob