I was a passenger in a car the other night and I did what I usually do…think about food. I was thinking about what to have for dinner. I love mustard cream sauce and have used the combination with chicken and green beans. I wanted to do something different using a mustard sauce.
This is what I came up with. My husband and youngest daughter loved it!! It is a keeper and I will go to this easy pasta recipe again and again. I made this on a Wednesday night and I started cooking at 7:30pm so it is an easy recipe and fast enough to make midweek. Hope you enjoy this pasta with sausage and zucchini with mustard cream sauce recipe as much as we did!!
Pasta With Sausage and Zucchini in Mustard Cream Sauce
- 1 lb pasta. (I used medium shells)
- 2 to 3 T olive oil
- 1/2 lb fresh sausage removed from casing
- 2 medium sized zucchini cut into coins
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 to 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2T whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano cheese plus more for the table
- 1/2 cup chopped basil or parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown sausage in olive oil in a large skillet. Break it up as it cooks.
- Remove the sausage and add the zucchini. Cook at high temp so that it browns. Turn to brown both sides. Lower head and add garlic and cook stirring until garlic softens.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta in salted water until just done.
- While pasta is cooking, add stock, sausage and mustard to the skillet along with the zucchini and garlic. Cook down for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Lower heat and add cream.
- Add drained pasta to skillet and cook together stirring for a minute or two. Add pasta water if mixture is too dry.
- Stir in grated cheese and serve with extra cheese at the table.
We hope you enjoy this pasta with sausage and zucchini in mustard cream sauce recipe.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment or use our Contact Us page.
We also would appreciate it if you pin the image to Pinterest or share this article by clicking on the icons below.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter (@LifenKitchen) and Pinterest (LifenKitchen)!
Thalia and Bob