Pizza is a staple in our home since I love to work with dough with my KitchenAid mixer whether it be baking different types of breads or making pizza. Typically, when I make pizza it always has tomato sauce as a base but this one does not.
I decided to use a base of a mixture of ricotta, olive oil, pesto, garlic, and feta and the result was much different than my typical pizza with the tomato sauce. But, honestly, it was much appreciated by my family as they enjoyed it tremendously. I know I will be making this specialty pizza again in the future and I hope you try it as well!
Recipe: Specialty Pizza without the Tomato Sauce
Summary: A twist on your typical pizza that you will thoroughly enjoy!
- Olive Oil
- Fresh tomato
- Fresh spinach
- Fresh mushroom
- Fontina cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Make your own dough or store-bought.
- Lay out dough in your pizza pan.
- Mix the ricotta, olive oil, pesto, garlic, and feta together in a bowl by hand.
- Put this mixture in one layer over the entire pizza dough for the base of the pizza.
- Saute the spinach lightly.
- Slice the fresh tomato and mushrooms and place these veggies on top of the base mixture.
- Add fontina and mozzarella onto the pizza dough.
- Bake in a pre-heated 500 degrees F oven.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4
We hope you enjoy this specialty pizza recipe.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment or use our Contact Us page.
We also would appreciate it if you pin the image to Pinterest or share this article by clicking on the icons below.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter (@LifenKitchen) and Pinterest (LifenKitchen)!
Thalia and Bob