Salmon is a staple in our household and I prepare it in many ways. This recipe for broiled salmon is one of our favorites because the combination of the balsamic vinegar, mustard, and honey give this broiled salmon a wonderful flavor along with a beautiful caramelized crust on top.
This broiled salmon recipe is quick to prepare and it's an easy cleanup since I line a broiler pan with foil before I cook it. Broiling is such a great way to cook fish because it's fast, clean, and you end up with a nice brown crust without adding extra fat. You can find many different broiled salmon recipes around but this one is always a winner in my house!
Balsamic and Honey Broiled Salmon
- 2 lbs salmon cut into 2 inch filets
- 3T extra virgin olive oil
- 1T dijon mustard
- 2T honey
- 2T balsamic vinegar
- 1t kosher salt
- 1/8t garlic powder
- 1/8t hot pepper flakes
- black pepper
- 1/2 t herbes de provence
- Make the marinade by mixing all ingredients except the salmon in a bowl.
- Add the salmon along with the marinade in a large zip lock bag. Remove as much air as you can and store in the refrigerator turning a few times for up to 2 hours.
- Line a broiler pan with heavy duty foil and add the salmon without the marinade and broil the fish until it's browned on top but still a bit underdone in the middle. (The timing will vary depending on the thickness of the fish, the heat of your oven and the distance between your broiler element and the fish.)
We hope you enjoy this balsamic and honey broiled salmon recipe.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment or use our Contact Us page.
We also would appreciate it if you pin the image to Pinterest or share this article by clicking on the icons below.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter (@LifenKitchen) and Pinterest (LifenKitchen)!
Thalia and Bob