This is one of those simple recipes that not only tastes great but looks great too! The potatoes come apart and they are like individual crunchy oven fried potatoes without the bother of turning them.
They take up a lot less space in the pan, so you can just add more potatoes if you have a bigger crowd to feed. Another great thing about this dish is that you can assemble it ahead of time and just bake it when you are ready to eat! I am partial to the red skinned potatoes because I like the texture and the pretty red color of the skin, but any potato will do.
Crunchy Fanned Potatoes
- 4 red skinned potatoes
- olive oil
- bake the potatoes in a 350 degree oven until just baked through. The time it takes depends on how big your potatoes are.
- when the potatoes have cooled enough to handle, cut each potato in half. Then slice each half across the width in 1/4 inch slices but keep the potato in tact.
- oil a baking sheet and take each sliced half potato and fan it on the oiled pan.
- brush all the potatoes with oil and salt liberally.
- bake in a 400 degree oven until browned underneath. (about 30 to 45 minutes)
We hope you enjoy this crunchy fanned potatoes recipe.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment or use our Contact Us page.
We also would appreciate it if you pin the image to Pinterest or share this article by clicking on the icons below.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter (@LifenKitchen) and Pinterest (LifenKitchen)!
Thalia and Bob