I have gone blueberry picking twice already this summer. The first time I picked two pounds. The second time I picked three and a half pounds. It's always fun to find new ways to use the bounty that summers have to offer.
I make a blueberry galette that I will post at some point. I make blueberry muffins as well but I have never made scones so I thought I would give it a try for a change. They were delicious! This easy scones recipe includes the perfect combination of blueberry and lemon which I particularly love. Give this lemon blueberry scone recipe a try. It's a very easy scone recipe to bake and the results are mouth watering!
Lemon Blueberry Scones
- 2 cups flour
- 4 T sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 3/4 t kosher salt
- 6T cold butter cut up
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries
- 1t grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup half and half plus more for the top of scones
- raw or granulated sugar for sprinkling scone tops.
- preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use a baking sheet covered with either parchment paper or silicone pad.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter or 2 knives.
- stir in the blueberries.
- Wisk eggs and cream together and add to flour and butter mixture. Mix with a spatula until combined and turn out onto a work surface and knead the mixture until is just holds together.
- Form into a square and use a knife or dough cutter to divide scones into triangles and set them a few inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Brush tops with half and half and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until they are lightly browned.
We hope you enjoy this lemon blueberry scones recipe.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment or use our Contact Us page.
We also would appreciate it if you pin the image to Pinterest or share this article by clicking on the icons below.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter (@LifenKitchen) and Pinterest (LifenKitchen)!
Thalia and Bob